Monday 5 June 2017

Sad Day

This morning we had to take our Border Collie, Hazel, to the vet because she has not been well for the last few weeks and was gradually deteriorating. After much discussion and the vet telling us that her kidneys had all but packed up we had to say goodbye. Hazel fell asleep quietly after giving us both a quick glance. She will be greatly missed as she has been with us for 14+ years and was well known on our home stretch of the canal as she always sat in the same place watching the world go by, even the lock keepers missed her as we passed through on our way into Leeds.
Hazel had the last laugh later as I had to drop our car off at my Dads and I had her squeaky ball in my pocket, as I cycled up my Dads street the ball squeaked each time I turned the pedals causing much amusement as passed along.
We had hoped to get a bit further today but due to the events this morning we decided to stop in Leeds Dock, outside the Armouries.
The weather hasn't been too bad considering the forecast and we are hoping that the rain tonight doesn't cause the river to be closed tomorrow.

2 comments:

Comments:

Heading South

Friday 2nd April 2021(Good Friday) I write this as the buds of spring are emerging, the grass is beginning to grow and we are (hopefully) be...